Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Farris forums

At the beginning of 2001 I launched a website (www.paul-farris.com) which also included a link to my own forum.

'The Farris Forums'

When I first set up the forum it was intended to be a way to promote events I was playing at and also a place where I could 'chat' online with friends, contacts and like minded house music fans.

Just like my first website, the original forum was very basic and had just a handful of members who were mainly friends and colleagues. In the first half of 2002 as well as launching a new look website I also added a redesigned forum which by June had just over 30 members!



The forum quickly started attracting members from all over the world as an outlet for house music fans to talk about anything from releases and events, DJ equipment, radio shows and loads more.

By 2004 forum membership had topped over 1300 and as a thank you to all the forum members I put out a 12" EP titled the 'Forum Trax ep' which listed the names of all the forum members on the back of the sleeve. The 'Forum Trax ep' was released on my Con Brio label and featured Scarpi "Your Love" and Benzo feat AJ Lewis "Believe" (Anybody interested in getting a copy with original sleeve artwork drop me a message.)

As the forum became more popular I started hosting Forum events at the Ministry of Sound and invited forum members to play.

At it's peak the forum had over 2000 members with over 15,000 page views a day and included amongst it's members many high profile DJ's, artists and industry insiders.

The forum closed in May 2006.

Click links below to read some archived pages from the Farris Forums....

March 2003 - 'The Trophy Twins on Radio1'
June 2005 - 'Slaves 2 Soul'
September 2005 - 'Building a set'
October 2005 - various discussions
December 2005 - more random discussions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic Times Paul. I hope you, Mel-age and Adam are well buddy.

Joe

Chris Warne said...

I wanna go back, way back, back to a time when....

Some distant, although not faded, memories from your pages Paul! Housexy, now that was a compilation brand name if ever there was one! We did bring Housexy to Ministry at the forum nights, which only helped to raise its profile a tad. Great times indeed and some fond memories.
Hope all is well with you, Mel and Adam - will get my a** on Skype soon so we can chat, promise.
Love to all, Chris, Nic, Morgane & Harvey

john said...

I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog.
forum affiliate marketing